Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sitecore 5.3

Well well well, quite the surprise for SDN5 users to see is the change from 5.3 Beta to simply 5.3 (RC2). This i've been waiting for with the restlessness of a child, so I'll post more later after I've used it for a while. To quote myself:
For those of you with access to sdn5 and curiosity to satisfy, run on over there and download it..
UPDATE: Well, the installer works better than before, but i still hope they will add the option to specify the prefix when installing on SQL, 'cause if they don't it'll be a pain to install on a server with existing solutions.. That's it for now, P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't find any information about upgrading a 5.2 site to 5.3. I tried packaging everything up and installing it with the old packager on 5.3, but it blew up. :(

I'd really like to give it a full evaluation, but the ability to upgrade our existing sites is going to be critical. Hopefully we'll be able to test that before the final release...

Other than that, it looks really cool! :) Wish I had time to build out a demo site in it.