Thursday, July 06, 2006

5.3

Everything i've read, seen & heared about v5.3 is a step forward. It's going to be faster, better & smarter. Things are going to work better in regards to user experience. I could go on & on about all the benefits, but that'd probably be like preaching to the choir so i won't do that. There's one thing that cought my eye tho, and that one thing has me pinned against the wall:
Sitecore’s portal framework is replaced with the ASP .NET 2.0 embedded portal framework.
Perhaps for many a minor thing that'll pass without much notice, but right now that same change/update/migration, if it won't support the previous portal, only says one thing to me: cancel any upcoming vacations..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter,

Haven't run into your postings before, but are surely going to add it to my generic blog list.

As far as I know, - and I should know as an architect of Sitecore, you can use both frameworks.

So, immediately call the travelleing agency and claim it was a mistake cancelleing your vacation.